Introduction to river kayaking
The ideal first course for someone wanting to learn to river kayak. We teach you the skills required to kayak safely on rivers from gentle moving water through to white Water in a carefully structured progression. Learn with Scotlands premier school of paddlesports.
- The introduction to river kayaking course includes:
- Kayak manouvering skills from body positioning, to precise stokes and using the current to work for you.
- Introduction of kayak rolling and rescues.
- River reading and understanding white water.
- Advise on equipment choice.
- Advise on where, when and how to go kayaking for the maximum enjoyment, safety and excitement.
- We only have expert kayak coaches.
- Well qualifed to the highest level of certification.
- Internationally experienced expedition paddlers.
- Coaches with the most upto date coaching ideas and strategys to get the most our of your paddling performance.
- Friendly, fun and approachable.
- You can bring you own or we can provide it.
- Specialist river kayaks and all required equipment is provided by us for your course when needed
Book scheduled dates or just ask us to run a course on dates to suit you, for a minimum of two people.