Learn the skills of sea kayaking, journey planning, tides and kayak control.
With all our sea kayaking journeys you’ll learn skills. This course however is specifically about giving you as much coaching and input as possible inorder to allow you to take up the sport of sea kayaking independently or to undertake more adventurous trips as part of a group with confidence.
- Sea kayak control with edging, use of the body and paddle
- Efficient paddling
- Paddling in wind and using a skeg
- Tidal planning and practical use of tides to assist you
- Weather knowedge and planning on the sea
- The right kit for the job
- Rescues, self rescue and safety planning and practice
We will achieve the above learning whilst taking in some great Scottish sea kayaking and with our expert coaches learning is fun. You’ll be inspired to do more sea kayaking, undertake your own journeys and have the knowledge and skills to do so well and safely.