We now focus our Winter attention on our back country ski trips in BC Canada.
We offer introduction and training courses into Ski Mountaineering in the Scottish highlands that are available with plenty of notice on demand, on dates to suit you.
However if you want to be sure of an awesome ski holiday then join us in BC Canada for blower light powder snow, exceptional guided off piste skiing. See FOAdventure Travel for details.
On Scottish courses, we will cover the important skills shown below.
On two day course we will provide guided back country skiing and skills 1 & 2 from those listed below. Inorder to gain the full range of skills on the list below and prepare fully for your own back country skiing trips in Scotland and further afield, then you will need to book the 5 day course.
We tailor make these courses suit you so that we can cover the content that you need.
- Choice and use of bindings, skins and ascending technique
- Guided off piste instruction in ski touring techniques both up and down hill.
- Variable conditions, such as ice, firm snow, steeper terrain and terrain choice.
- Route choice and planning
- Avalanche safety and training for self rescues
- Winter skills for ski mountaineering including use of axe and crampons
- Winter Navigation for Scottish conditions ( the most challenging in the world )
Don’t want to gamble on the weather or conditions then you should check out our introduction and other courses in BC Canada.
Our location in BC Canada is known for having the lightest powder in the world and lots of it, so we can get into skiing deep powder, fresh tracks for sure and enjoy the wild and perfect environment for this awesome sport.
See the FO Adventure Travel site for details.
2 day course
Based around Aviemore and the Cairngorm National Park area.
£250pp (guided only) Minimum 2 people
We can recommend great places to stay.
1 week course
£550pp (4+ people)
Full time instruction from our guides
Price does not include
Ski touring kit hire available
Accommodation available on request